So it’s that time of year again. Devised by Cathy at 746Books the aim is to read 20 books between 1 June and 1 September. I have taken part for the last four years. I think I’ve only made it once!
You can read about the challenge on Cathy’s excellent blog here.
I think I’m doomed to failure before I start but I need to make a dent in the TBR and this challenge gives me the push I need. This year I’ve done things a bit differently. I’ve selected a pile of books I want to read and I’m going to read 20 from them. Well that’s the aim. I may swap some of these out if I change my mind or find I can’t read them. I may even swap a lengthy book for a shorter one if I’m running out of time. Some are books I’ve agreed to review or are future releases, others simply because they caught my eye when I was scanning the TBR. I’m very much a mood reader though so I may also swop any of the ones I have listed as I find I have to read according to my mood, or the desire to read tends to disappear.
I’ll be reviewing all of the books I manage to read and I’ll be using the 20 books of Summer logo picture on each one. I’ll also link back to my reviews on here so I can keep track of how many I have read.
So here’s what I’ve selected.
- Invisible Agents by Nadine Ackerman
- The Therapist by Helene Flood.
- The Holdout by Graham Moore.
- Kate and Clara’s Curious Cornish Craft Shop by Ali McNamara.
- Green Sun by Kent Anderson.
- The Favour by Laura Vaughan.
- Silence is a Sense by Layla AlAmmar.
- The Plague Letters by V.L. Valentine.
- The Black Dress by Deborah Moggach.
- The Lost Storyteller by Amanda Block.
- Between Two Evils by Eva Dolan.
- Widow Land by C.J. Carey.
- One Ordinary Day at a Time by Sarah J Harris.
- How to Live. What to Do by Josh Cohen.
- The Stranding by Kate Sawyer.
- The Gospel of the Eels by Patrik Svensson.
- girl, 11 by Amy Suiter Clarke.
- The Wonderous and Tragic Life of Ivan and Ivana by Maryse Conde.
- Death and Croissants by Ian Moore.
- The Good Neighbours by Nina Allan.
- A Road to Extinction by Jonathan Lawley.
- Miss Ranskill Comes Home by Barbara Euphan Todd.
- Miss Buncle Married by D.E. Stevenson.
- Good Evening, Mrs Craven by Mollie Panter-Downes.
- Fifty Sounds by Polly Barton.
- Early Morning Riser by Katherine Heiny.
- The Mis-Education of Evie Epworth by Matson Taylor.
- Three Women and a Boat by Anne Youngson.
- Late Summer in the Vineyard by Jo Thomas.
- Hermit by
- Domestic Bliss and Other Disasters by Jane Ions.
- People of Abandoned Character by Clare Whitfield.
- The Lock In by Phoebe Luckhurst.
- Happy All the Time by Laurie Colwin.
- The Other Bennet Sisterby Janice Hadlow.
- Death Goes on Skis by Nancy Spain.
- The Others by Raul Garrigasait.
- The Grand Sophy by Georgette Heyer.
- The Darker Arts by Oscar de Muriel.
- The Rosary Garden by Nicola White.
- Whose Body? by Dorothy L. Sayers.
- The Fortune Men by Nadifa Mohamed.
- Arabella by Georgette Heyer.
- The Blank Wall by Elisabeth Sanxay Holding.
- Greenery Street by Denis Mackail.
- The Corpse in the Waxworks by John Dickson Carr.
- The Secret of Chimneys by Agatha Christie.
- Crooked House by Agatha Christie.
- Cold Comfort Farm by Stella Gibbons.
- The Murder at the Vicarage by Agatha Christie.
So 50 to narrow down to 20. It’s a good job I stopped browsing the shelves when I did. I wonder how many of these I will read? I wonder how many other books instead of one of these I will read instead? We shall find out…
Have you read any of the books I’ve selected? Will you be taking part in #20BooksofSummer2021? Do let me know.